Students who meet the eligibility criteria are invited to submit an application during the application period. The application period for the UWC attendance 2018 - 2020 will be January 29, 2018 - March 1, 2018. Applications submitted after March 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Kabul time will not be considered.
If you meet the eligibility requirements and are unable to fill out the application online, please contact us at email@example.com. Submission of all online and emailed applications will be accepted until March 1, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Kabul Time.
- Ethnicity, religion, and political affiliation are not considered as part of the application process. Please do not indicate any of these characteristics anywhere in your application
- Financial support is available on the basis of need, which will generally cover tuition and room and board
- For some of our opportunities, a contribution from parents is required. Students whose families can make a financial contribution to the cost of UWC should indicate so on the application form. If you do not wish to make a contribution, please indicate that on the application. We will only consider you for a smaller number of full scholarship opportunities.
- Travel costs, health insurance, college deposits, personal spending money, and passport / visa costs are the responsibility of individual students and their families.
- While the National Committee will make nominations to individual Colleges, the final offer of admission (and associated funding) is the decision of the College alone
- Before applying, you should make every effort to learn about the United World College
- The application must be your work alone. Any indication of outside assistance with your application – at any stage of the process – is grounds for immediate disqualification
- Please ensure you provide a valid e-mail address and telephone number. Applications without a clear e-mail address and/or telephone number to contact the applicant will be rejected.
1. Submit application
Applicants are invited to prepare their application and submit it online through the application portal: [fluid review website]. A confirmation email will be sent to applicants when applications are received. If you submit your application and do not receive a confirmation, please contact us as this means we have not received your application.
We encourage applicants to submit their application well before the March 1, 2018 deadline to avoid any issues.
Applications will be reviewed by the National Committee Selection team. They will shortlist the applicants to a select number who will be interviewed. Students who are shortlisted for an interview will be informed via email on March 22, 2018 by 11:59 p.m. Kabul time. Students who are not shortlisted will be informed via email on March 22, 2018 by 11:59 p.m. Kabul time. Students are encouraged to check their email on March 23, 2018 or soon thereafter as shortlisted candidates will have their interview scheduled soon thereafter.
Applicants who are shortlisted will be invited to participate in an interview. The date and location of the interview will be confirmed with the student between 3 and 5 days prior to the interview date and time. Applicants who are unable to attend their interview forfeit their application, except in extreme circumstances (hospitalization, death in the immediate family, etc.), which will require an official note.
Some interviewed applicants will be selected for nomination to the colleges. Applicants will be informed once all interviews are complete, some time in April 2018. The applications of the nominated applicants will be forwarded to the colleges, along with a family financial form, that have offered spots to UWC Afghanistan for 2018 - 2020. The colleges then complete their selection process and inform the candidate and UWC Afghanistan of their final decision.
4. Preparing for UWC
Successfully nominated students who are selected by a college will need to coordinate their documents for obtaining passports, visas and other required documentation in order to arrive at UWC. Successful candidates are expected to communicate with their college about these processes directly.
Apply now: https://uwc.fluidreview.com/